Vinson Process Controls, a leading provider of process control and reliability monitoring automation systems, is offering an opportunity for an Applications Engineer. This position will be based out of our Lewisville, TX location. Vinson Process Controls is the Emerson Impact Partner with an 80+ year history of developing process automation solutions serving the Southwest US.
The Applications Engineer serves as a pre-sales and post order resource to internal and external customers for technical and commercial information and solutions for the Systems and Services group, which represents products from the Emerson Automation Solutions business unit including DeltaV, Reliability systems, and vertically integrated solutions. The effective Applications Engineer will have an attention to detail in both customer requirements & objectives, as well as our technical offerings & capabilities, so as to prescribe the best commercial solution-set which will be communicated through proposal development.
The scope of solutions will be primarily those of Emerson Automation Solutions Process Systems and Solutions Division (DeltaV Control Systems & Services), supplemented with other Vinson products and control system services, or those of 3rd parties as required in meeting or exceeding the customers objectives.
Represent Vinson Process Controls and its principals to customers by providing technical and commercial information related to Process Systems Solutions and Reliability Solutions product lines.
Daily interface with the inside sales team and customers in the scoping and selection of process automation equipment, development and submittal of quotations, and management of customer orders.
Provide inside sales leadership support to Vinson account managers, Vinson management and manufacturer contacts regarding customer quotations, competitive situations, technical solutions, applications, and market tendencies.
Provide a technical foundation to the inside sales team for engineered product selection, application, start-up, and maintenance of products represented by Vinson.
Lead a variety of training sessions on a periodic basis ranging from small group to large group presentations and development sessions.
Ensure the consistent implementation of effective inside sales practices and customer service guidelines for optimum performance and success of the organization.
Develop turnkey proposals for greenfield and brownfield projects, including E&I scope of work, working with the project engineering organization. These proposals may require field research, studies, and walkdowns with subcontractors and Emerson organizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, with or without reasonable
accommodation for a disability Education, Skills and/or Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical, Petroleum, or Industrial
Distribution Degree from accredited university. (Strongly preferred)
• Minimum of 3-5 years associated with systems proposals and/or E&I projects, including Front End scope
• Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills in order to develop close working relationships with the
inside sales team, sales administration, account management, customers, and suppliers.
• Ability to multi-task and manage a demanding workload while maintaining a positive attitude and inspiring
• Demonstrate resourcefulness and the ability to be a problem solver, with the preparedness and aptitude to figure
out things on the fly.
• Ability to develop sales presentations, position statements, messages, and other inside sales collateral.
• Advanced computer skills and ability to utilize and learn various software applications as well as teach other team
Physical and Mental:
• Shall be able to lift and carry weight of at least 40 pounds (Primarily demo equipment and customer equipment)
• Shall be able to “walk through” plant sites, including climbing ladders and being “safety” aware
• Overnight travel may of approximately 15% may be occasionally required. Travel will be primarily by auto, but
some air travel may be required.