|Vinson is hiring a highly motivated, self-starter to develop and sell Emerson’s Reliability Systems portfolio to established and new customers. Success in this position requires the ability to develop repeatable selling/closing strategies, but also able to modify the strategy to close individual opportunities. Additionally, success will be achieved by someone that can blend both technical solutions selling with business-centric marketing and sales techniques. Vinson utilizes team selling at accounts to leverage access and relationships, where this role has the ultimate responsibility for success of this portfolio.|
Education, Skills and/or Experience:
· Four-year technical degree from an accredited college/university OR demonstrated successful industry experience.
· At least 3-5 years of demonstrated successful sales experience, including dealing with complex selling situations (such as corporate accounts, long sales cycles, multiple decision makers)
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills and shall be comfortable with public speaking/presentations
· Working knowledge of dynamics and vibrations of machines such as rotating equipment
· Ability to remain effective when dealing with multiple concurrent issues and/or with ambiguous situations
· Demonstrated success with negotiations, overcoming buying barriers, and developing alternatives that lead to successful business conclusion
· Good computer skills and ability to thrive with new technology
· Ability to work as a member of a team with other account managers during the development of business and with a cross-functional team (such as engineers and technicians) during the fulfillment of business
Physical and Mental:
· Ability to travel at least 75% of a workday in a car.
· Shall be able to lift and carry weight of at least 40 pounds (primarily demo equipment and customer equipment).
· Shall be able to “walk through” plant sites, including climbing ladders and being “safety” awareOvernight travel of approximately 35% is estimated for this position. Travel will be primarily by auto, but some air travel may be required.